Please read through these important notes regarding chromebook pickup and insurance, meal distribution and kindergarten parent meetings:
- Full-day Kindergarten includes participation in WaKIDS, a process for building partnerships with Kindergarteners and their families. An important component of WaKIDS is the parent conference to start the school year, and our teachers are working diligently to reschedule these with parents. Three days are needed In order to accommodate these conferences, which will affect the scheduled first day of school. With the cancellation of school Tuesday, these meetings are being set for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, pushing Kindergarten's first day of school to Monday.
- For meal kit pre-orders that have been assigned a Tuesday pickup slot, meals will still be distributed at the previously communicated time of 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. at the Pittsburg Learning Center at 13120 N. Pittsburg.
- K-5 remote learning students who have not picked up their chromebook can do so on the first day of school. With the cancellation of class on Tuesday, the first day of school will be Wednesday at the earliest.
- Students on the "B" hybrid schedule in grades 6-12 whose class is cancelled for Tuesday will receive their chromebooks on their first day of school, which will be Thursday at the earliest.
- Optional Chromebook insurance is available for purchase until Sept. 30 - previously incorrectly set with a deadline of Sept. 15. Click here for instructions on purchasing this optional chromebook insurance.
- Tech Services is currently working to manage email lists for the Daily Health Surveys sent to parents and staff. Thank you for your patience as the district works through the implementation of this new system.